http://www.makepovertyhistory.org Journey of life: Love Letters

Friday, January 21, 2005

Love Letters

I was blog-hopping today, and found something interesting on http://visithra.blogspot.com/2005/01/i-want-love-letters-p.html#comments

I Googled and got a nice article and recipe for this delicacy.
http://www.tourismpenang.gov.my/page.cfm?name=lc09s

Looking at the recipe, I think love letters would be extremely tasty. I don't know whether I can get these in Hyderabad. People in Madras can find out whether "Pelita Nasi Kandar" (the Malaysian restaurant in Pondy Bazaar) serves this. The person who finds out and informs me first is entitled to a Love Letter (in case PNK makes it) when I come home (Madras).

Kuih Kapit means Cupid in Malay. I guess, every new year(Chinese), Malaysians eat a lot of these and try to make sure that Cupid strikes them at least that year.

Cheers

~Ab

3 Comments:

Blogger Visithra said...

Nope I don't think Pelita Nasi Kandar serves this, its more like a fine biscuit. I had a recipe on my page as well but you can't do it without the mold, that gives it, its crispiness and beautiful design. Have a nice weekend :)

6:07 AM, January 21, 2005  
Blogger SV said...

Abhi Bhai,

Are you in Chennai yet ? All ready to meet our man Chidambaram ?

4:50 AM, January 27, 2005  
Blogger Rohit Kumar said...

Abhi dude.

Passed on your blog link to a friend at Hindu.

May be covered for an article :-)

- Rohit

7:54 PM, February 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home